HSAN Co-Chair Message
Dear HSAN supporters,
Welcome to HSAN! We are continuing to expand our membership. Our members include individuals working on improving health systems in the community to health policy makers covering a cross section of the health systems. Since its inception in 2006 HSAN is continuously advocating and contributing to the understanding of health systems strengthening. HSAN is our global voice on health systems strengthening.
To achieve this goal, HSAN is undertaking important tasks which include:
- A revamped HSAN website to communicate to the health systems strengthening community
- A web based knowledge centre exclusively for our members to share resources, ideas and research studies related to health systems strengthening
- A dedicated and exclusive student web-section. This effort is being led by HSAN member Andrey Ostrovsky
- To motivate future health leaders in health systems arena HSAN is promoting the development of a consensus statement on health systems strengthening. This initiative is led by HSAN member Robert Chad Swanson
- We are strengthening partnerships with diverse stakeholders such as academic institutions, multilateral and bilateral agencies, NGOs and advocacy groups and others in the field of HSS.
HSAN acknowledges the continued support of USAID and Abt Associates.
We once again thank all our members and supporters who remain committed to the vision, mission and development of HSAN. For further information about HSAN and its activities including application for membership please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Elsheikh Badr, co-chair representing Arabic-speaking nations
- Arvind Betigeri, co-chair South and South West Asia
- Edwin Bolastig, co-chair Latin America and Caribbean
- Lee-Nah Hsu, co-chair North, South East and East, Central Asia and Central and Eastern Europe
- Samson Kironde, co-chair Africa
- Moustapha Sakho, co-chair representing Francophone nations